Monday, October 29, 2012

Wallowing


I turned 31 last October 12.

It was the saddest birthday of my life.

Although I appreciate very much the effort of friends and family, the longing ache in my heart makes me wonder how I can celebrate life when I am still mourning over your passing…

31.

Most people my age are clamoring to get married, thinking they may have passed the marrying age. Some just got engaged, or just got pregnant. Some have just started their lives together with the ones they love. I have never imagined that at 31, I would be burying my husband.

Life is not fair. At least, for someone like me, it really isn't fair. It makes me question my humanity. It makes me question if I ever did something bad. It makes me senseless. It makes me indifferent. It makes me numb and so sensitive and bitter at times. 

Life is unfair. When people vow to love each other all the days of their lives, most couples spend years and years together. And when they die of a ripe old age, death is easier to accept.

Three  years Paree is just too  young in marriage life to have all the things we went through.

31 is too young for me to go through everything I went through.

True, people can’t wait for me to bounce back. Some may have moved on. After all, for them, a month of grieving is enough. But then again, who is Lito to them? Lito’s a friend, a supplier, an acquaintance, etc. But for us, for me whose life revolves around him, when everyone else has moved on, I don’t think I’ll get over the fact that you have been taken away from me.

I am living the life that anyone can cringe just imagining—“I can’t imagine living my life without you…”People say this not knowing how it actually feels without that person who makes life worth living, who was the source of your everyday inspiration. Basically, all the clichés come true as well--- I feel like I died when you died, Life is meaningless, Life is unfair.

==
Damn it, just when I thought I was a wee bit okay, someone would chat me through your business chat group: “Ma’am, nasan po ba si Sir Lito?” (Where is Sir Lito?)
And I crumble deep inside as I recount again what happened to you. And just when the wounds are trying to make an effort to scar down, it’s torn open again with a fresh batch of pain.
When will this stop?
==
Bought a dress! Yes. A dress. I’ll wear it on your 40th.  I smiled with that thought. I hope that could suffice for now.

==
I miss you so much. I’ll tell the rest when I visit your grave.
==
If at times I look like I am forlorn with a faraway gaze in my eyes, I am not in a trance, okay? I am thinking about you. I am always thinking about you. I try not to but I just can’t.
==
Pree, give me the avenue, give me the chance and opportunity to unwind, think and be creative. I wanna start on my book. I might go out in a few days on my own and just write. Can I? Give me a sign that it’s okay… And while we are talking about favors, can you please hug me before I go to sleep? Can you hold my hand too? Can you let me feel that you’re there? I know you might think I am a scaredy-cat but with you, I’m not. I love you. Please show me you’re there.
==
Even if I live to be a hundred and two, I just don’t think that I’ll get over you (Colin Hay, see song of the day below). Love like ours comes once in a lifetime. Once. We were best friends, we were lovers, we were perfect for each other. How do you move on from something as great as that? How do you let go? I hope people won’t let me hurry up. I hope people won’t judge me if I wallow.. Hmmm.. but then again, you know me. Even if they do judge--- I won’t give a damn. God, I miss you so much. I miss just talking to you and you pretending to listen even when you want to play Diablo. I miss playing Diablo with you. I miss you.
==
Here’s my song for you today. I’ll try to watch the movie that goes along with it.